Do you have a passion for gender equality in tech? Would you like to change the tech game and shape the future of programming? Apply to become a Board Member of Pink Programming!
We are now in search for new people to join our board and help us set strategic directions for the organisation. The applications are open and we are looking for women (cis and trans) and people with non-binary gender identities, from diverse backgrounds of culture, ethnicity, age, professional experience and education to join us. The board strives to be representative of the organisation’s diverse members.
The Board Member core responsibilities includes
- Have a good understanding of the organisation’s vision and mission to be able to guide at a strategic level the operational work driven by the Office and Volunteers.
- Contribute to strategic, financial and organisational decisions to move the organisation forward without losing sight of the core mission.
- Contribute to good Board dynamics and a constructive team collaboration.
- Be well-informed of the organisation’s ongoing activities to be able to effectively contribute to Board work and pro-actively bring up topics of interest to the Chair/Vice-Chair.
- Drive forward the projects/task force you are responsible for and support other Board members.
- Represent the Board and the organisation to the members and extended community.
- Participate in at least one of the core activities, such as the ‘Sundays’ code event or Camp during the financial year.
- Participate in all Board meetings (monthly) and in all physical board meetups (2-4 times per year).
- Be available and answer Slack and mail regularly (at least twice a week).
Estimated time commitment
~10 hours per month (variable, some periods are more work intensive than others)
Good to have, but we acknowledge that everyone’s set of experiences is unique and might not fit exactly all the qualifications below. We encourage you to apply if you believe your skills are transferable and relevant.
- Knowledge or experience of Board work
- Knowledge or experience of Pink Programming’s activities and mission
- Knowledge or experience of the IT industry
- Knowledge or experience of NGO work
- Knowledge or experience from one of the following fields: leadership, communications, entrepreneurship, startups, sales/finance, public sector, business management.
What’s in it for you?
- You get to work in a diverse and dynamic organisation that makes a difference in the Tech world – supporting and inspiring more women and non-binary people interested in programming.
- You get to plan and make decisions for the organisation’s future, getting involved on topics such as sponsors strategy, organising events, or proposing new ways that will enrich our vision.
- You also get an impressive spot in your CV – steering work is a big plus in your career.
- You get tons of experience, and hone your leadership skills.
- You get to know other like-minded individuals and strengthen your network in the IT sector.
We are looking for the following positions
- Ordinary Board Member
- Alternate Board Member
Chair and Secretary are expected to be fluent in Swedish to be able to help with e.g grant applications. Other board members are not required to speak Swedish.
- Application closes 20th January, 2024.
- Interviews are going to be held during January.
- The election takes place at the annual meeting in March.
- Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact our election committee: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We are looking forward to your application!