Do you want to inspire women and non binary to start programming?
Perfect, you’ve come to the right place! We are now looking for more volunteers to join our Programming Sunday teams in Malmö, Stockholm and Gothenburg this fall. We’re also looking for volunteers to join the teams that work with sponsor contact and social activities within the organization.
We are looking for the following roles:
- Project Manager Stockholm
- Event Coordinator (Malmö)
- Code Mentors (Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm)
- Tech team volunteers (Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm)
- Pink Social team volunteers (Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm)
- Sponsor team volunteers (Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm)
The last day to apply is Sunday, May 2nd.
Project Manager Stockholm
We have two Sunday project managers in each city, sharing the overall responsibility for the Sunday events in your city (on average one event a month). To help you, there is a team of code mentors, workshop volunteers, communication group and tech volunteers. You will be working closely with the Pink Office, the Pink Board and the project managers in the other cities.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Sundays team, call for meetings and engage your team members
- Keep track of planning and deadlines for the event season
- Coordinate volunteers, tasks and responsibilities for all Sunday events.
- Be in touch with the sponsor and plan the event content together with them, and serve as a bridge between the sponsor and the Sunday team.
- Help to build the Sundays concept together with the other project managers
We are looking for you who think it’s fun to engage, motivate and inspire your team members into doing a great job! If you have previous experience in events and project management, that’s a great bonus!
We also hope that you:
- Can take charge but also ask for help if needed
- Proficient level of both Swedish and English
- Would enjoy being a representative and the ”face” of Pink Programming during the events
- Are interested and curious about the world of programming (But you don’t have to know to program yourself)
As for the time being, we are not sure whether our events will be mostly physical or digital this fall, but we do know that we will host both kinds. This means that the roles and engagement are therefore a bit different right now, but that does not mean less fun or less of a learning experience!
If you are interested to know more and join our mission, please fill out this form before May 2nd. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Stockholm, Malmö & Göteborg
The tech team makes sure that the technical tools work as it should during the event. You make sure that everyone gets the correct access to the platform, set up the event pages online and help out if anyone is having trouble with the platform. You need to be solution-oriented and be comfortable in taking charge to steer the event in the right direction if any technical mishaps would happen.
Your main focus will be to support the event for which we use GoToTraining, a conference platform. You will help the other volunteers, the sponsor or participants with technical aspects, questions and other support together with the rest of our tech support team. Your main tasks will be;
- Participate in a pre-meeting with the sponsors, explain the platform and run a demo so they know how it works, and can test out screen sharing etc.
- Keep an eye out for registrations, prepare the event and administrate the waiting list.
- During the event, you could be supporting the workshop leader to split people into groups or breakout sessions, administer questions and direct them to the right person etc.
- In total, the time needed is 2-3 hours before the Sunday, a preparation hour before the event and the whole event during the Sunday.
- The best part? You will always work in pairs, so you will never feel left alone!
You are probably solution-oriented, communicative and enjoy when things run smoothly while working with others.
Stockholm, Malmö and Göteborg
The code mentors are the closest friends to the participants during the events. You help out when someone gets stuck with their code or when they have a code related question. You are also able to create or hold exciting workshops in at least one programming language.
This role is perfect for you who likes to help others and who would like to chat with others like you about programming. You need to have a background in and experience in coding, preferably in more than one programming language. Your main focus in Pink Programming would be;
- Being a programming advocate at our events, showing, sharing and encouraging others in different matters mainly relating to programming
- Support our participants by repeating, unblocking, discussing and enabling them in coding – in the way they prefer it, and the way you can contribute
- Cheering for our participants, sharing your learnings and listening to their needs for them to find joy in programming
- Create or hold workshops with help from your team
You can also grab the opportunity facilitating mentor activities and collaborations, coordinating other mentors, teaching at our summer camps or boot camps – to name a few!
Event Coordinator Malmö
The event coordinator is a helping hand to the Project Managers. You will not be responsible for the full events, but you will help out with smaller tasks such as check in participants, set up the stage, order food and fika, create Mentimeter presentations, answer questions about the event and so on. Your tasks might vary depending on what is needed for this particular event and if the event is digital or physical. This role will suit you who consider yourself to be a doer and that finds joy in coordinating and making sure everything meets the expectations of our participants.
Stockholm, Malmö & Göteborg
Pink Programming is working with a lot of inspiring companies. We usually collaborate around our Pink Programming Sundays that we arrange together. As a member of the sponsor group, you will help us with keeping good dialogues with our old sponsors, and helping us find new ones! You will be expected to be able to take some meetings with companies during day time (1-2/month). You will also take part in internal group discussions in our chat forum, and occasionally also in video meetings. You need no experience with sponsor work since before – just passion!
You don’t have to be a fluent Swedish speaker to be able to help out with sponsors. But a lot of the companies that contact us write in Swedish, so as long as you’re comfortable with some google translating, we would be happy to have you onboard!
Stockholm, Malmö and Göteborg
Pink Social is a ragtag band of party penguins. This team will suit you if you are a person who likes to socialize and have fun, but more importantly: that likes to bring the fun!
Our Social team organizes various types of internal events and projects. These are for internal Pink members, to spread the news, spread the spirit and spread the fun. You will be a part of planning, setting up, making sure food happens, making sure everyone has a great time, and making sure clean up happens. The events are hosted at regular intervals, aiming for at least every other month. Most of the events take place online right now, but as soon as it is possible we will bring our good old fashioned social gatherings back!
- Log in and check your messages on Slack at least every three days
- An hour long video call every two weeks
- Be available for at least every other event
- Bring the energy!
Most of the extra stuff this team does (like book clubs and running teams) happen because our pink party penguins are passionate about that. What are you passionate about? We want to hear it!
What will you as a volunteer get in return?
You will not only have tons of fun and make a lot of friends, you will also get:
- the opportunity to make a difference and inspire hundreds of girls to work with programming,
- access to a large professional network within the developer industry,
- to be welcomed into a warm and wonderful community full of passion and drive,
- valuable experience to put on your resume,
- knowledge and insights on how a non-profit is run and
- the chance to drive the organization forward in a meaningful way.
When will I hear from you?
Since Pink Programming is a volunteer driven organization, it may take some time for us to get back to you. But you can at least expect an answer from us before the end of summer. Thank you for your understanding!
We are very much looking forward to meeting our next volunteer stars on our Pink sky, so please apply as soon as possible. Last day to apply is May 2nd.
Who are we and what do we do?
Pink Programming is a non-profit organization with the mission to get more women into programming. How? By organizing code events where we welcome women and non-binary to code in an inspiring and undemanding environment!
The team behind Pink Programming is a happy bunch of professionals and students, divided into different project groups in different cities. Some of us work as developers, others have joined us to be photographers, writers, tech support or to be just another pair of helping hands during our various events.
As a member of this fast-growing organization, you have the opportunity to make a big impact and you get access to a fantastic network of women and non-binary in IT.
What is a Pink Programming Sunday?
Pink Programming Sundays are our most popular coding events, usually organized once a month in Stockholm, Göteborg and Malmö. At these code meetups, both digital and physcial, we welcome women and non-binary people of all ages, backgrounds or programming experience to try out and hopefully find the fun in coding!