JOIN THE PINK PROGRAMMING TEAM!
The team behind Pink Programming is a happy bunch professionals and students, divided into different projects groups in different cities. As a member of this fast growing organization you have the opportunity to make a big impact and you get access to a fantastic network of women in IT.
We are now looking for volunteers to join our teams in Malmö, Stockholm and Göteborg! Read below what the different positions require and then apply for your city on the links below.
PINK PROGRAMMING SUNDAY
Pink Programming Sunday is our coding events, organized once a month in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. At Pink Programming Sunday, women and non-binary people are welcome, no matter your age, background or previous experience in programming. The coding events har different structures, with everything from inspirational talks and workshops, to free programming with the support of our volunteers.
– Food Manager makes sure that everyone get enough fika and lunch to keep blood sugar on top!
– Event Manager is in charge of setting up the event page online and welcoming all participants during the event
– Photo Manager makes sure there are awesome pictures from the event, either by shooting them themselves, or making sure someone else is, and sending them to the communications team.
– As a Coding Mentor/Workshop arranger, you are part of the project group and help plan workshops which you hold at the actual event, and generally help out explaining programming concept to the participants at the event.
– Social media manager is active during the event to share all the fun we do on our various social media platforms. This person will also be part of the communication group.
-Sponsor success manager makes sure that the communication with our sponsors regarding the event is on top!
THE SPONSOR GROUP
Pink Programming is working with a lot of inspiring companies. We usually collaborate around our Pink Programming Sundays that we arrange together. As a member of the sponsor group, you will help us with keeping good dialogues with our old sponsors, and helping us finding new ones! You will be expected to be able to take some meetings with companies during day time (1-2/month) and internal group meetings (1-2/month) in the evenings. You need no experience with sponsor work since before – just passion!
PS. You don’t have to be a fluent Swedish speaker to be able to help out with sponsors. But a lot of the companies that contact us write in Swedish or Norwegian, so as long as you’re comfortable with some google translating, we would be happy to have you onboard!
THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
Communication is one of the most important parts of Pink Programming. By spreading our message via our channels and platforms, we make sure women who are interested in programming finds us, and company who wants to sponsor us learns more about Pink Programming. A new communication strategy is in place and we need you to help us work with it! Is your passion communication? Do you love social media and web? As a volunteer in the communications team, there is a opportunity to work with what you love the most! It doesn’t matter where you live, but it’s important that you are easy to reach and available so that our work can run smoothly.
In the communications team you will mostly work with:
- Our social media platforms – mostly Facebook and Instagram, but we are also on Twitter and LinkedIn. There are opportunities to work with marketing for our events, live updates from our events, but also to create content to spread our message in between the events.
- Create content for our website. On our website there are many possibilities if you are passionate about content. Are you an amazing writer? An awesome reporter? Maybe a passionate film maker or podcaster? Or any good ideas on how we can make more women interested in programming? All ideas are welcome!
- Graphic design – do you want to freshen up our image or maybe design some merchandise?
You don’t need any programming knowledge to be a part of the communications team – the important part is that you’re passionate about communications and spreading our message. Previous experience within the communications field is preferred but not required.
This group are arranging fun, team building and celebratory activities in Pink, such summer/christmas parties, kick offs and the annual meeting! We hope that you like fun and good vibes and that you want to bring your own ideas to life within the spirit of Pink Programming.
Any questions? Send us an e-mail att firstname.lastname@example.org