Pink Programming is growing fast and we are now looking for a new volunteer to the project manager role in Stockholm, for our popular Pink Sunday events. Pink Programming is a non-profit organization run by volunteers. We work for a programming world where the joy of programming is available for everyone, both women and men!
About Pink Programming Sundays
About the role
As a project manager, you will have the overall responsibility for Sundays in Stockholm. To your help, you will have a project group consisting of code mentors, a food manager, a communication group, and a sponsor manager. You will also collaborate with Pink’s Managing Director, Head of Communications, the Board and the Project Managers in Gothenburg and Malmö.
In your role you are responsible for:
- Setting the overall event schedule with sponsors for the coming months. To your help you have Sponsorship Managers in Stockholm.
- Coordinating and making sure everyone in the group knows what to do prior to each event. If you cannot attend all the events yourself, it is ok, but you are responsible for having volunteers on site and for the work being done.
- Bringing the project team out to dinner / coffee / team building once a month.
- Working on improvement proposals and continuous development of the Sunday concept.
- You also have continuous contact with board representatives for your city and update the board on what works well and what you in your city need the board’s help with.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for you who think that it’s fun to engage, motivate and inspire your team members to do a good job. If you have previous experience of events and project management, that is a big bonus.
We would also like to see the following qualities in you:
- Self-driven, but not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Preferably you speak Swedish and English fluently but not a requirement
- Like to represent the organization during the events
- Have an understanding and interest in the programming world. However, programming skills are not required in this role.
In exchange you get:
- The opportunity to make a difference and inspire hundreds of girls to work with programming
- Access to a large professional network within the developer industry
- Welcomed into a warm and wonderful community full of passion and drive
- Valuable experience as project manager to put on your resume
- Knowledge and insights on how a non-profit is run
- The chance to drive the organization forward in a meaningful way
We are very much looking forward to meeting our next project manager star on the Pink sky, so please apply here as soon as possible! Last day to apply is February 27.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org