Are you our new Event coordinator with great communications skills?
Pink Programming is growing! Are you the new Event coordinator we are looking for?
Pink Programming is Sweden’s largest network for developers that identify as women, transgender and non-binary. Our vision is a gender-equal IT sector where female, transgender, and non-binary developers are as common as male developers. Our main activities are building safe spaces for our target group to enjoy coding, such as Pink Sundays (our coding meetups), Pink AW and Camps as well as delivering courses for companies to become more inclusive employers in the IT industry.
The nonprofit organization has today two employees and over 100 volunteers, and we are now expanding our office in Malmö with an Event coordinator with communication skills. The position is a 12-month project assignment (with the possibility of prolonging), full-time, starting in March-April.
Task assignment: Main focuses
Event Coordination & Project Management
You will be responsible for our external events, coordinating our popular Pink Programming Sundays, After Works and our Camps. This includes planning and project management together with our volunteer teams, participant administration and evaluation. As we are running several events in parallel, the ability to prioritize your work is key.
Communications & Content creation
You will create the communication (copy/content) for the events mentioned above in our various channels with the goal of reaching our target group and encourage participation. This includes creating SoMe posts, web content and more. Our marketing and communication content is in English. It is essential to understand and adapt to the tone and spirit of our organization; uplifting, encouraging, and inspiring.
Who we are looking for:
- You are a team player who enjoys engaging and connecting with different people. Building networks and maintaining a community comes easily to you.
- You can work independently, take the initiative, and are creative as well as attentive to the other employees – together pulling up the sleeves if needed.
- You are cooperative, curious about learning, and open to new ideas.
- You have communication skills in writing, creating content, and making communication spark!
- You have previously worked with project management, and know how to coordinate your work to run smoothly.
- You have knowledge and interest in the tech industry and are driven by gender equality.
The position requires
- You share Pink Programming’s vision of a gender-equal IT sector.
- You identify as a woman, non-binary, or trans person.
- You are comfortable and competent in expressing yourself primarily in English and Swedish.
- You are based in Malmö.
- You have previous experience of working 1-3 years in a similar role (communication and/or project management).
- You are flexible and can be responsive to the needs of the organization and wider community
- Previous experience of working with non-profit organizations
- Relevant education connected to communication, tech, or human rights.
- Previous experience of working in the IT/tech sector or knowledge about the IT/tech sector.
- Previous experience working in an intersectional feminist and anti-racist environment.
- Knowledge about the needs of the target group – female, transgender, and non-binary developers.
- Previous experience in Advocacy work.
You will work closely with our Managing Director and Event and Relation Manager. Pink Programming is a small and dynamic organization which means that your role will adapt to the needs of the organization.
We offer a desk at our office in Malmö, working conditions stated in the collective agreement, friskvård, and a workplace with engaged employees, volunteers, and an organization in development.
Job Location: Malmö.
Working hours: Goal-oriented working hours, based on a 40 hours work week. Predominately during office hours. There can be work during evenings and weekends given the nature of our events. 100% position.
Start: The project assignment starts in March or April 2023 with an onboarding introduction to the organization and role.
Application deadline: February 15th.
Sounds interesting and have some questions? Reach out to Paulina Nybratt Sandin, Interim Managing Director (email@example.com). Our recruitment process will take place continuously, therefore we appreciate applications before the application deadline!
By submitting your application you consent to us saving your contact details according to GDPR.